Monday, April 17, 2006

First Contact

From: David Sasaki
To: josemurilo
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 7:13:28 PM
Subject: Global Voices Online and Brazil

Dear Jose Murilo,

Please excuse my ignorance of Portuguese. That is, in fact, exactly
why I'm writing.

I'm the Latin America editor of Global Voices Online http://www.globalvoicesonline.org, the leading aggregator of worldwide weblogs based at Harvard's Berkman Center for Internet and Society.

I realize that as the editor of Ecologia Digital and the webmaster of
the Minister of Culture, you are very familiar with Brazil's online
community. We are seeking a Portuguese/English translator for Global
Voices who could write two brief posts each week summarizing what is
happening in the Brazilian blogosphere with translated excerpts from
various bloggers.

An example would be Patrick Hall's post on Marcos Pontes
http://www.globalvoicesonline.org/2006/04/10/brazil-pontes-touches-down/>

Thanks so much!

David



From: Jose Murilo Junior
To: David Sasaki
Date: Apr 17, 2006 5:33 PM
Subject: Fw: Global Voices Online and Brazil

Hello David,

Yes, I am familiar with the Brazilian online community, and I think it would be fun to write posts about the state of our blogosphere for globalvoicesonline. I will start thinking about the first post right now... Is there anything more I should know?

Thanks,
or
Um abraço (a hug - the common brazilian greeting)

Jose Murilo

No comments: